Welcome to episode ninety of the SaaS Backwards podcast, where we interview CEOs and CMOs of fast-growing SaaS firms to reveal what they are doing that's working, and lessons learned from things that didn't work as planned.
You can listen to the full episode directly below via Spotify, or visit SaaS Backwards on Buzzsprout or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Effective messaging is paramount for SaaS companies to attract and convert the right types of customers. And according to this week’s guest Anthony Pierri, Partner with Fletch PMM, most are getting it wrong.
- They try to speak to too many audiences at once.
- They use vague and broad statements that don’t resonate with anyone.
- They use wishy washy language.
Today’s marketers have been influenced by big companies that prioritize branding and awareness, which won’t be an effective strategy for the cash-conscious startups.
Instead, companies should focus on product marketing and differentiation to clearly communicate their unique value proposition front and center on the homepage throughout all content.
Don’t miss this episode where Pierri outlines their process for that.
- Why use case positioning is probably going to be the most effective for B2B SaaS.
- How to align your messaging to your target audience’s struggles and pain points.
- Why you should use specific benefits to differentiate.
Other resources to check out:
Interview with Vinay Bhagat, Founder and CEO of TrustRadius who publish a yearly report about how B2B buyer behavior is changing.
The Lead Gen Mistake I Guarantee You’re Making – how to create content that better identifies intent from today’s b2b buyer.
And, if you want an outside look at your content with actionable advice, take advantage of our Content Audit. Valued at $20K in free consulting